This pool is ceasing from Monday 8 October 2018
From Monday 8 October 2018
If you want your application to be considered from Monday 8 October 2018 you must apply to the new pool advertised here: Teacher Pool - Fixed Term Opportunities
Teacher, $69,137 - $104,049 per annum (SEA GA 2017)
Are you a self motivated and dynamic teacher ready to inspire our students?
If you are currently in a fixed-term or permanent teaching position looking for your next opportunity, looking to start your teaching career or return to teaching in a fixed-term capacity, you are encouraged to apply.
We are establishing a pool of eligible and highly qualified teachers to fill full-time or part-time fixed-term positions as they arise in our primary and secondary schools across the State. This is your opportunity to inspire and make a difference in the lives of children and young people through innovative lesson planning and creative classroom delivery.
As the State’s largest employer we offer a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
· confirmed starting salary from $69,137 a year
· attractive allowances in most country areas of up to $13,730 a year
· graduate teacher allowance of up to $1,600 a year in the first two years of teaching
· 9.5 percent employer contributions to superannuation
· 12 weeks vacation leave (school holidays)
· more than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
· subsidised accommodation where applicable
· professional development and career advancement opportunities
In your application you will need to nominate the schools you would like to be considered for.
Schools may consider applicants from the pool to fill fixed-term positions as they arise. They consider qualifications, experience and location preferences.
Except for applicants who are permanently employed by the Department as a teacher, a school may only offer an appointment via this pool to an eligible and available applicant - that is an applicant who is not currently employed by the Department for the period of the appointment or is employed by the Department on a fixed-term contract and the position being offered is a promotion, an increased work fraction or for a longer period of time.
If you are currently a permanent teacher with the Department your Principal will need to approve your release before you can accept a fixed-term appointment at another school or location.
Applying for this pool does not guarantee appointment. Schools may elect to fill vacancies by appointments other than from this pool following a local level recruitment activity. These opportunities will be advertised individually.
Teachers who are participating in the WA Department of Education Leap Program (formerly known as the Switch Program) may choose to indicate on their online application that they are qualified to teach in their Leap qualification area and/or their existing qualification even prior to completion of the program. They may be offered positions in their area of Leap qualification, and/or their initial qualifications.
During the online application process you will nominate the schools where you are interested in teaching. Schools other than those you nominate may also contact you to discuss opportunities.
Who should apply?
You should apply if you are:
· currently employed on a fixed-term contract and are looking for further fixed-term opportunities
· returning to teaching and are looking for fixed-term opportunities
· looking to start your teaching career with fixed-term opportunities
· currently employed on a permanent basis and looking for other opportunities.
Applying is easy!
Applications must be submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this advertisement and follow the instructions on your screen.
You will be asked to complete an online application form and attach supporting documentation. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to attach before clicking the “Apply for Job” button.
There is further assistance in writing your application.
Documentation required to progress your application includes:
· Evidence of your current Western Australian teacher registration, ie Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia.
· Current academic transcripts indicating your course of study, including copies of undergraduate degrees and any postgraduate qualifications (if applicable).
Your transcripts must clearly identify:
· your name
· university name
· course name
· units completed
· current enrolment/course completion date
· Identification (e.g. birth certificate, passport, change of name documentation – marriage certificate). * Please note we do no accept drivers licence.
· Evidence of eligibility to work in Australia, including Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian work permit (e.g. citizenship papers, Australian work visa with date of entry - Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
· An up to date resume.
· Contact details for two referees.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please telephone Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive this email, please telephone Staff Recruitment and Employment Services on (08) 9264 4127.
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check through the Department of Education’s Screening Unit, a valid Working with Children Check (https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au) and Western Australian teacher registration. These must be confirmed prior to commencing employment.
As suitable vacancies arise, you may be contacted by schools to discuss details relevant to specific vacancies. Your referees may be contacted to verify your skills/experience.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications.
EMAILED AND HARD COPY APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.