Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS879388
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2024
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, the successful applicant will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and these include shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and be able to work well both individually and as part of a team, to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable and punctual.
Lancelin Primary School encourage a whole child learning approach, where our students interact between the classes from an early age, ensuring they develop rich relationships with every student and staff member at our school. Our staff know our students, and their families implicitly which leads to a unique small school experience for our children, where they feel safe and supported.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Lancelin Primary School can be found by visiting lancelinps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mellisa Moulin, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9628 6000 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time, or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 53 Gingin Road, Lancelin before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 1 March 2024
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.