Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS880678
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Network Administrators for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2025.
The role of Level 4 Network Administrator is to work within the IT Support Team to maintain the school’s Information Technology network and to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Departmental asset management and security regulatory framework. You will provide advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system and provide technical support and training to all users. The Network Administrator will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate Information Technology resources. Carine Senior High School is not a Bring your own device (BYOD) school. The successful applicant will ideally need to be strategic in how they manage and support the school’s fleet of laptops.
Carine SHS represents the very best that government schools have to offer and is a proud independent public school as evidenced by winning the WA Secondary School of the Year in 2017. The school has a very high student retention rate, an experienced staff and an active School Council, made up of students, parents, staff and community members. The school has achieved an enviable reputation for strong academic achievement and pastoral care.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills and experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- Conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine Senior High School can be found by visiting carinehs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact James Lorimer, Associate Principal, by telephoning 0438 850 330 or emailing James.Lorimer2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.