Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS871681
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Please note as of 3:30pm on Tuesday, 13 February 2024 the body of the advert has been updated.
As a Farm Coordinator is directly involved in day-to-day operation of the farm enterprises and the implementation of the farm development plan. The successful applicant maintains enterprises on the farm which may include livestock management, cropping, horticulture, mechanics and building maintenance. The successful applicant assists in the preparation and delivery of agricultural education and training programs and assists with the instruction and supervision of groups of students in a workplace environment. A wide range of general farm skills will be highly desirable for this position.
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to work as part of a vibrant team, have organisational skills and the ability to be able to give, seek and receive feedback in the workplace. This position requires someone who is passionate about horticulture in an agricultural context, providing direct instruction to small groups of students. The ideal candidate would possess an AQF Level II Certificate in Agriculture or relevant equivalent qualification as required by the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 or its successor; and hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Kelmscott Senior High School is a school of opportunity for students. The school offers Department of Education endorsed Specialist Programs in Agriculture and Music, Gifted & Talented Secondary Selective Entrance Program and a range of Kelmscott Extension Programs (KEP) in Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities & Social Sciences. We are only one of two schools to provide Gifted & Talented online to rural areas.
The school's population ranges between 1350 and 1450 with an Aboriginal population of approximately 50 students. Students at our school have a diversity of ethnic backgrounds and we celebrate this diversity as a proud Independent Public School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge, experience and competency within an agricultural enterprise. (Relevant to the requirements of the school).
- Ability to provide effective supervision, plan and organise work schedules.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to assist in the preparation, monitoring and reviewing of budgets and provide reports
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and industry personnel.
- Ability to design, deliver and assess effective training programs in agriculture and related areas
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kelmscott Senior High School can be found by visiting kshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry Date, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9495 7400 or emailing Kerry.Date@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 February 2024.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.