Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS878182
Samson Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during Term 2, 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within Term 2, 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2025.
An Education Assistant supports the teaching and learning of students through assisting teachers in delivering planned education programs and encouraging a supportive and inclusive environment.
Ideally, suitable applicants should possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team. This is integral in contributing to supportive and positive learning environments in the classroom as collaboration skills and good communication skills are used to engage with students, teachers and parents.
Part of the Education Assistant role is to assist with the management of resources by maintaining and updating lists, monitoring stock levels and resources requirements and reporting them to the teacher. In this regard, good organisational and time management skills would assist in executing such responsibilities in a timely manner. We also require our Education Assistants to manage small groups of children for fine motor, literacy and numeracy activities.
Samson PS follows a whole school positive behaviour approach which aligns with our school Values and Virtues program.
Samson PS is situated in the Fremantle area, next to Kardinya and Coolbellup. We offer a diverse teaching and learning program from Kindy to Year 6. They have specialist teachers in Music, Visual Arts, Sciences, Indonesian and Physical Education. Samson PS also offers a Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism.
Samson PS also offers a Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism. The Program supports the individual needs of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from Kindergarten to Year 6. The program targets students who do not have an intellectual disability with a focus on year level academic engagement and achievement, organisational skills, social cognition development, positive peer relationships and emotional self-regulation.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Samson Primary School can be found by visiting samsonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Sarah Fawcett, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9487 9000 or emailing Sarah.Fawcett@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 28 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.