Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS880587
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Education Assistants will assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You will also provide feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to student progress. The ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students is desired.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos and priorities across the school community. You will ideally be compassionate and able to work collaboratively to implement documented plans.
Suitable applicants should possess the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students and teachers. You should also have a strong knowledge of a range of evidence-based techniques for learning and behaviour and have some experience or knowledge of disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Newton Moore SHS is a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school. It is highly regarded that applicants have experience in delivering progressive pastoral care practices and have the ability to support staff to positively impact on student behaviour for improved student outcomes.
Newton Moore SHS provides students from Year 7 to 12 with a personalised, globally aware educational experience. The school, at the heart of South Bunbury, has a strong sense of community and celebrates the strengths of students through a variety of innovative programs.
We have strong academic rigour yet at the same time we have wrap-around support where every child is catered for as an individual. Our results indicate that we value add. We understand that the basis for improving student learning outcomes is high quality teaching and learning.
Our students live the vision: 'Achieving Today, for Tomorrow'. We have strong links with a range of partners within the education community, parents, government and non-government agencies, industries and other local schools. We share our knowledge and work with these groups to improve student outcomes. At our school, we ensure that we have stimulating and innovative educational programs. We have an unwavering commitment to thoroughly prepare our students for their future. Watch our video to find out more about our school.
We have a strong commitment to offering innovative and best practice educational programs. The school delivers two Department of Education Approved Specialist Academic Programs: Science Horizons and Engineering. Newton Moore SHS is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) for Certificate II courses in Aquaculture and Workplace Skills and provides enrichment through the following programs:
- Moore Academy of Sport and Health (MASH)
- Follow the Dream
- Clontarf Football Academy
- Stars Foundation
- CALM Cadets
Newton Moore SHS has a strong focus on building staff capacity through Classroom Management Support (CMS) and Instructional Strategies in Education (ISE). We have multiple Conference Accredited Trained (CAT) teachers who support teachers to engaging in high level reflection.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- The ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- The ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newton Moore Senior High School can be found by visiting www.newtonmooreshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kym Holroyd, HR Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9722 2463 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two – three (2-3) page statement addressing the work related requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday 27, February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.