Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS877172
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
As of 13/02/24 contact details and comencement date have been updated.
Halls Head College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Training Pathways Support Officer to join their team.
As a Training Pathways Support Officer you would assist in the operations of the Vocational Educational Training (VET) and Workplace Learning (WPL) program. Part of the role includes in developing and introducing systems and strategies which provide a responsive and effective support service in relation to the College’s VET/WPL programs.
Ideally, the successful applicant should possess well developed computer literacy including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing to execute daily tasks in a timely manner. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired to liaise with key stakeholders including College personnel, Registered Training Organisation (RTO), industry parents, and students on attendance or behavioural issues.
The successful applicant would ideally hold a Cert IV in Training and Assessment or Occupation Safety and Health (OSH) qualification or be willing to acquire once in the role.
Halls Head College is a Year 7 to 12 college that opened for students in 2001. The College is uniquely situated on the island of Halls Head, just south of Mandurah. The local intake area of Halls Head College is south, close to the Waroona Shire boundary. Our college offers all students diverse choices, authentic opportunities to develop essential life skills and a rigorous, caring and safe environment to learn and grow in. Our staff has a wealth of expertise, experience and a genuine desire to constantly improve their practice to benefit all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge and understanding of Vocational Education and Training and Work Place Learning programs and the ability to facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Halls Head College can be found by visiting hallsheadcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathy Roser, Coordinator Vocational Education and Training by telephoning (08) 9581 0660 or emailing Kathryn.email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.