Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS880032
Are you seeking to join a supportive and nurturing learning community?
Rockingham Beach Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Special Needs (EASN) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2025.
Rockingham Beach ESC is a collaborative and supportive environment, our team fosters a culture of collaboration, teamwork, and support. Colleagues and administrators work together to create a positive and nurturing environment for both students and staff.
Suitable applicants will ideally have empathy, patience and a passion for students with special needs. Applicants would need to be motivated, compassionate, flexible, adaptable, organised, have strong communication skills and be a team player.
A solid understanding of different learning abilities and strategies to support students with special educational needs is advantageous. Education Assistants should be able to adapt to various learning styles and needs, as well as be flexible in their approach to supporting students and collaborating with teachers.
Rockingham Beach ESC is co-located on a shared campus with Rockingham Beach Primary School. Sharing our campus fosters integration and promotes inclusiveness. Our students benefit from shared facilities such as playground areas providing the opportunity for all students to play and interact with their peers. There is an excellent relationships between parents and staff with the School Board playing an important role in ensuring the school meets the expectations of the community. At Rockingham Beach, the school pride ourselves on a strong sense of community and believe students learn best when everyone works together to develop robust, productive home-school partnerships.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Beach Education Support Centre can be found by visiting rbesc.com.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leslie Eddy, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9591 6777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Up to six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 Feb 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.