Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH879874
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2024
Glencoe Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Primary Physical Education Teacher with primarily a Physical Education role for classes Pre-Primary to Year 6 cohorts.
Ideally, the successful applicant should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills within school and the community. In addition, be able to display skills in teaching Physical Education such as Fundamental Movement Skills and Health. The successful applicant should possess positive and effective Behaviour Management skills and have relevant knowledge of current curriculum requirements. Practical experience and examples are preferred.
The successful applicant may have other areas of student focussed responsibility. Your role may include organising or hosting cross school events which will entail being an enthusiastic team player who is well organised, collaborative and able to work independently and to seek to develop working relationships with colleagues across a network.
Established in 1981, Glencoe PS is located in the coastal suburb of Halls Head in close proximity to the City of Mandurah and is 75 kilometres south of Perth situated between the Indian Ocean and the Peel Inlet. Our current enrolment for the 2024 school year is around 400 students.
Glencoe Primary Staff are committed to improving educational outcomes for all students and deliver a high quality educational program to children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Glencoe PS has strong established partnerships with the local community and organisations. There is an emphasis on pastoral care and health and wellbeing for staff and students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Glencoe Primary School can be found by visiting Glencoeprimaryschool.com.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Jesse Murphy, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9586 6800 or emailing Jesse.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 March 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.