Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA875871
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Woodvale Secondary College (SC) is seeking a proactive leader to join the leadership team in a school that is committed to constant improvement. Applicants with an excellent knowledge of the Western Australian Music curriculum and the experience and ability to teach courses across Year 7 to Year 12 are encouraged to apply.
As Head of Learning Area (HOLA) you will continue to build and develop the Arts learning area, developing a culture of high-quality teaching and learning. The ability to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching practice and team performance is an important aspect of the role. Another key attribute is the ability to create environments conducive to learning and to provide educational opportunities that are purposeful and relevant, catering for different student learning needs.
The HOLA – Arts will ideally have the capacity to effectively build and maintain relationships with the broader arts community (especially music), as well as industry. Ideally the successful applicant should have experience in the coordination of events for secondary students.
As well as focusing on our students, Woodvale SC prioritises the professional growth and wellbeing of all staff. Our collaborative and supportive approach with staff has resulted in a positive school culture. Our whole school bespoke teaching and learning framework (fully implemented in 2023), ensures that all staff have a shared understanding of our pedagogical approach. We are committed to supporting staff through professional learning (both in-house and external) and leadership opportunities.
Woodvale SC has formed an Independent Public-School cluster with its local area intake primary schools. As a result, it is expected that the successful applicant will embrace this cluster approach and the opportunities it provides to work in collaboration with colleagues in each of the schools.
Located some 20 kilometres north of the city of Perth, Woodvale SC has approximately 1360 students from Years 7 to 12. The College enjoys the expertise of highly trained staff and a blend of staff at different career stages.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting Woodvale SC or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Rouhliadeff, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6207 2400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 29 February 2024.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED