Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS880003
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024 with possible extension 6 months and/or permanency
West Morley Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services.
The Manager Corporate Services will ideally be dedicated, organised, and highly professional with the ability to work with the executive team to provide strategic leadership in corporate, human resource and financial management. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the Principal and executive team to provide strategic support in the management of the school’s workforce and business plan ensuring financial performance against the plan is monitored.
Ideally we are looking for an applicant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels. The successful applicant being self-motivated and able to work with limited guidance will be highly regarded.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicant will have established financial management skills and strong human resource management skills."You will lead and assist staff, including performance management of all support staff and building their capacity to fulfil the requirements of their individual roles.
Experience in the application of School Information System (SIS), ICT Dashboard, Assets, RM Billing and Finance, and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) packages is highly desirable. Suitable applicants will ideally have experience in managing Information Communication Technology (ICT) to support systems throughout the school.
Our value of a pursuit of knowledge and a commitment to achievement of potential is reflected in our experienced and qualified staff who are focussed on high performance and high care of all students, providing learning opportunities that inspire. West Morley PS is proud of its status as an Independent Public School. This provides greater autonomy to meet our school community needs, consolidate our successes and foster further growth and improvement.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well-developed oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Morley Primary School can be found by visiting www.westmorleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Natalie Bracegirdle, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9268 8650 or emailing Natalie.Bracegirdle@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.