Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS865300
Join us in making a positive impact on special education in the Kimberley and Pilbara regions. We look forward to welcoming motivated individuals to our team.
The School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN:BE) is currently seeking dedicated individuals to join our friendly teams in the Kimberley and Pilbara Engagement Centres
We currently have the following positions available commencing ASAP:
- 1 x – permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position in the Kimberley Engagement Centre
- 1 x – permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position in the Pilbara Engagement Centre
We are open to considering remote work arrangements for suitable applicants willing to work in either the Kimberley or Pilbara Engagement Centre. If you are passionate about contributing to our teams in either region and seeking a full-time role, remote work may be considered for the right applicant to work in the other engagement centre.
Applicants interested in both full-time and part-time positions are strongly encouraged to apply!
About the role
The School Officer will provide site-based assistance to the Manager Corporate Services by administering financial resources, assisting with month-end procedures and collating figures for financial planning and budgeting. You should also operate database, records and management information systems, travel and accommodation booking, record keeping of staff leave, creating and preparing materials for the engagement centre or associated sites.
The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience in providing administrative support. You will ideally have experience with a range of software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing. The successful applicant should have good interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on customer service and the ability to work both unsupervised and within a team environment. Occasional travel, including overnight stays in Perth region is involved as part of this position. Applicants will need to hold and maintain a current WA drivers’ licence.
SSEN:BE is part of the network of specialist schools that operates under the Statewide Services pillar of Service Delivery. SSEN:BE provides educational support and services with schools for students who present with extreme, complex and challenging behaviours across a Kindergarten to Year 12 context. A continuum of consultative services including professional learning, consultative support and direct and indirect student support is delivered through Engagement Centres and the Midland Learning Academy (MLA). The services of Engagement Centres and MLA are coordinated through SSEN:BE which provides the administrative structure that oversees and manages these services as a statewide model of supports for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the State. Support is available across the public school system.
Engagement Centres coordinate the K-12 provision of the following three services:
- Professional learning to improve student engagement and behaviour
- Consultative support for schools needing additional assistance with planning for those students with very complex needs
- Direct and indirect support for individual students exhibiting the most extreme, challenging and complex needs.
Location and the communities
Broome, situated on Yawuru land in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, is culturally and naturally rich. This coastal town provides a vibrant lifestyle with excellent facilities, ensuring high level outcomes for student learning.
For more information about Broome visit Destination – Broome.
Hedland, a thriving community, offers a small town feel with close knit neighborhoods. With world class sporting facilities, a vibrant arts scene, historical sites, and ancient Aboriginal culture, Hedland provides a unique and diverse experience.
For more information about Port Hedland visit Destination – Port Hedland.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement can be found by visiting ssenbe.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Wendy Radaich, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9402 6465 or emailing Wendy.Radaich@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to five (2-5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.