Advertised Vacancy Number DOE875183
This is a 5 year fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
Are you passionate about education and leadership? Do you have the skills and experience to lead a dynamic and diverse department?
If so, you might be the ideal candidate for the Executive Director, Workforce position at the Department of Education in Western Australia.
About the Department
The Department of Education is responsible for providing quality education to more than 50,000 employees and 300,000 students across the state, from early childhood to secondary school. The Executive Director, Workforce is a key member of the senior executive team.
Visit the Department of Education WA website for more information.
As Executive Director Workforce, you will work closely with the Minister for Education and Training, the Director General, and other senior stakeholders and will report to the Deputy Director General, Student Achievement. You will oversee the strategic direction, planning, performance and governance of the department, as well as manage a large and complex budget and workforce.
This position forms an integral part of our Department’s leadership team and is responsible for providing a range of human resource functions to Departmental business units and staff at all levels. This includes:
- industrial and employee relations
- workers’ compensation, injury management and occupational safety and health
- staffing and employment services
- strategic human resource planning
- strategic human resource support, policy advice and evaluation.
The Ideal Applicant
To be successful in this role, you will:
- model exemplary leadership behaviours and mindsets
- have a personal responsibility to improve
- be responsible for delivering agency strategy, while also being cognisant of the wider context and public value of the work
- make space for innovation while managing risk and being accountable for results
- motivate and inspire the workforce
- be highly skilled in leading in culturally informed ways.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of students and educators in Western Australia. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, flexible work arrangements and a supportive work culture.
Equity and Diversity
The Department of Education is committed to an inclusive and culturally responsive workforce reflecting the diversity in our schools and the Western Australian community, to better meet the needs and aspirations of our students, their families, and communities.
We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Want to Know More?
More information on this position can be found in the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For specific information relating to the role, please contact Jim Bell, Deputy Director General, Student Achievement on 0481 035 690 or Jim.Bell@education.wa.edu.au.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, your application should include:
- A 4-page statement addressing the following selection criteria (as per the JDF):
- 1. Lead Collectively
- 4. Deliver on high leverage areas
- 5. Build Capability
- 7. Lead adaptively
- A CV of up to 3 pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for 2 work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
An executive search may also be conducted concurrently with this process.
All applications must be submitted online. It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”. You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 8317.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a 4-day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Thursday 22 February 2024
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED