Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS879170
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Highgate Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their leadership team.
You will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will assist when working with the leadership team, staff, parents and the wider community. These skills should see you negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels as we operate this school.
As a successful applicant, you will ideally have outstanding people skills, high emotional intelligence and flexibility in your thinking. At Highgate PS our staff are hardworking, high quality people with a great sense of joy, loyalty, humour and fun. Ideally, we are seeking an applicant who shares these qualities.
Highgate PS is a Kindergarten to year 6 school. Our school was established in 1895 making it one of the oldest primary schools in Western Australia. It is situated in the suburb of Highgate, only 2 kilometres from the Central Business District (CBD). Being close to the CBD allows the students to easily access facilities such as the Museum, Art Gallery, Court House and Parliament House.
The school is staffed by a team of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff. Specialist staff are provided for Art, Music, Physical Education, Sport, Library, Instrumental Music, Intensive English and Mandarin Studies. The staff are supported by a team of qualified educational assistants.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Highgate Primary School can be found by visiting highgateps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Rebecca Wilkinson, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9253 2700 or emailing email@example.com or Stephen Ivey, Principal by telephoning (08) 9253 2700 or emailing Stephen.Ivey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.