Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS878726
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Dianella Secondary College (SC) are seeking a dedicated and innovative Vocational Education and Training (VET) Coordinator to join their friendly team.
The role of the VET Coordinator is to develop and establish quality and innovative VET programs whilst enabling students to achieve Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
The successful applicant will work as a part of the Pathways Team to develop lower school programs that focus on students’ future employment and education opportunities and support teachers to implement these programs.
In addition, your role will be to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including school personnel, RTOs, industry, parents and students in relation to the school’s VET and endorsed programs such as Work Place Learning programs.
Dianella SC is an innovative and forward thinking multicultural public secondary school. With a rich, and diverse history, the college has a long and proud tradition of producing outstanding young people who successfully graduate with opportunities to enter university, further training, or the workforce.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound knowledge of the VET and Workplace Learning programs and the ability to facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dianella Secondary College can be found by visiting dsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Sherrie Giglia, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9345 9200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Obtain or hold a valid Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- Obtain or hold a valid White Card
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.