Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP879550
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Ashburton Drive Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Deputy Principal to join their school.
As a Deputy Principal, you will apply your professional knowledge and understanding to lead teaching and learning in the context of authentic Sutdents at Educational Risk (SAER) processes and practices. The ability to analyse data to inform teaching and learning and strong interpersonal skills when working with parents and stakeholders is highly desirable. Knowledge and application of The Quality Teaching Strategy would be favourable. As a school we provide the best possible education, ensuring all students develop a broad range of knowledge skills and values to adapt to a changing world.
Established in 1986, Ashburton Drive PS is located in the south eastern metropolitan suburb of Gosnells. The school is built on old farming land and this heritage is acknowledged by some old farming implements that are on display throughout the grounds. The current student enrolment is just under 500 students from K-6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashburton Drive Primary School can be found by visiting ashburtondriveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Heather Fallo, Principal by telephoning (08) 9234 6300 or emailing Heather.Fallo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 19 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.