Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS878789
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Geraldton Senior High School (SHS) is looking for a motivated and hard-working Network Administrator to join their team.
The role of the Network Administrator is to maintain the school’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Departmental asset management and security regulatory framework. You will provide advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system and provide technical support and training to all users. The Network Administrator will also provide input on system enhancements and implement new systems through research and identification of appropriate ICT resources.
As a Network Administrator you should have the ability to work with staff in building their capacity to use technologies and be able to provide a high level of technical support to staff and students to ensure positive outcomes. You should have well developed interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to show initiative and work autonomously.
Geraldton SHS has a long and well-documented history having commenced in 1939. Since then, it has been at the forefront of providing quality secondary education to students from all over Western Australia in the Midwest Region.
Located next to the city centre in a parkland environment, the school is an architectural highlight of Geraldton. It caters for students in Years 7 to 12 and offers a diverse range of academic, vocational, social and service programs for its student population of around 1000 students.
Students attending the school come from Geraldton plus surrounding towns and farming regions. The student population represents the multicultural nature of Geraldton with many students from Aboriginal or Cocos Island communities. Students are able to board at the adjacent Geraldton Residential College. The school is served by an extensive local bus service.
Geraldton SHS is highly regarded within the Geraldton community. Meaningful relationships between staff, students and families are considered vital to the ongoing success of the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Skills and experience in administering a computer network and facilitating access to applications.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and other information technology resources including software licensing and Information Technology copyright obligations and regulations.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision and prioritise duties in a demanding environment.
- Conceptual and analytical skills relevant to computer support.
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and negotiate with users on issues relevant to network administration.
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to develop and implement user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geraldton Senior High School can be found by visiting geraldtonshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anita Fitzsimons, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two to three (2-3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.