Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS866795
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024 with possible twelve (12) months extension and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Canning Vale Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Manager Corporate Services to join their team.
The Manager Corporate Services will manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's operations. They administer all school support staff whilst reporting, developing and implementing human resource and financial management strategies to ensure the integrity of the school's business operations.
The successful applicant will provide consultancy and advice for financial planning and budgeting, as well as the administration and reporting on the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible. You will, in collaboration with the Principal and/or the Executive, provide operational input to the development of the school’s workforce, business and marketing plans and oversee the school’s financial performance against these
Canning Vale PS is a vibrant school located in the heart of the Livingston, Waratah and Caladenia Estates. We have a very welcoming atmosphere with courtesy and mutual respect demonstrated by students and staff.
We warmly welcome parents into our school as authentic partners and encourage them to play an active role in their child's educational journey. The school's sense of tradition is embedded in our strong community culture and its values of pride, respect, and excellence are clearly communicated by all members including students, staff, and parents.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Canning Vale Primary School can be found by visiting www.canningvaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Hayley Taylor, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9427 6000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.