Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS877947
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2024
As School Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our students, staff, families, and visitors. You will ideally display excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for administrative duties, including greeting visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to enquiries. You should ideally display exemplary communication skills to fulfil the role and should display culturally responsive behaviours.
As School Officer in our busy office, you will maintain enrolment data, student attendance records and generate routine reports from the school databases. Experience in and including Integris and MGM would be highly desirable.
Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft 365. Successful applicants may also assist with the maintenance of school facilities, assets, and resources, maintain and order office supplies, distribute and collect documents, forms, and mail, and collect and receipt monies in accordance with Departmental procedures.
Ashfield Primary School (PS) is committed to providing a high-quality education, complemented by innovative approaches in meeting the needs of each child. Inherently we understand an individual’s wellbeing is the foundation on which success in life is built.
It is important our students:
- are confident to take their place in the world.
- are successful and personally and socially competent.
- have a growth mindset, believing their abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work.
- have the opportunity to communicate ideas and opinions, collaborate and make decisions.
- work cooperatively with their peers and the school community.
- exhibit the values of honesty, resilience, empathy, respect, and the capacity to act with ethical integrity.
The family/school partnership is an integral part of the school ethos. We have developed strong community links by always maintaining open lines of communication with all members of our rich and diverse community.
Ashfield PS prides itself in being able to meet the educational and social needs of all our students. Our teachers are committed to high-quality learning experiences driven by evidenced based learning approaches. At Ashfield PS, we create a culturally responsive learning environment for all our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashfield Primary School can be found by visiting ashfieldps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Claudia Grieco, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6216 1300 or emailing Claudia.Grieco@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.