Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS872339
Roleystone Community College (CC) is seeking to establish a pool of committed and organised School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2025.
Roleystone Community College is an Independent Public School providing a comprehensive and holistic education to students from Kindergarten to Year 10. We are seeking to welcome new school officers to join our ever growing community where culture, partnership and learning is fostered.
As School Officers, suitable applicants will undertake reception duties, including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, in an efficient and friendly manner. The role also includes supporting student-related activities such as maintaining student attendance records, generating routine reports and correspondence related to absenteeism, assisting with student enrolment procedures and handling information relating to student planning.
Suitable applicants will ideally have excellent focus on teamwork, show initiative, be solution focussed and have outstanding customer service and administrative support. Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and being able to work with minimal supervision, or independently is desirable. The flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment is also highly desirable.
Central to students' experience is a culture that promotes learning. Roleystone CC is driven by the deep belief that every student is capable of successful learning and that it is the responsibility of every teacher and leader to ensure that all students do their very best.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Roleystone Community College can be found by visiting roleystonecc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Verna Splatt, Manager of Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9391 6222 or emailing Verna.Splatt@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 26 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.