Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS877979
Darling Range Sports College are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year, up to the end of term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up until the end of term 1, 2025.
Darling Range Sports College is seeking organised and dedicated Home Economics Assistants to join our friendly team.
As a Home Economics Assistant, you will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students and assist in the delivery of planned education programs. You will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes and undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed.
Suitable applicants should have a proactive, positive approach to the role and be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. You will ideally be able to prioritise tasks well, use initiative and be organised and efficient.
Darling Range Sports College is a highly successful Independent Public School located in Perth's foothills. We have a student population of around 1200 and over 100 teaching and support staff. Darling Range Sports College first opened in 1975 as Forrestfield Senior High School and later transitioned to a Sports College in 2008.
We have seven high performance Sports programs, an Academic Extension program, a Music program and a Vocational Education & Training program. We provide specialist school-based sporting programs in AFL, Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Netball, Rugby League, Soccer, Swimming and Triathlon. Our teams train and play in our state of the art facilities where athletes also have access to the strength and conditioning centre. These specialist sporting programs allow our students to work with elite coaches and some programs provide students with the opportunity to travel interstate and internationally to compete in sporting competitions. The college also hosts national and international sporting teams.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Darling Range Sports College can be found by visiting www.darlingrangesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Morawiec, Head of Learning Area – Technologies & Enterprise, by telephoning (08) 9453 0100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 15 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.