Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS879308
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2025.
As a School Officer you should be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members using your exemplary communication skills. You may be responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties. Duties include but not limited to; providing assistance to the Manager Corporate Services in administering the human and financial resources of the school, including Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) input, month-end procedures and invoice processing. The role may require the applicant to undertake relief staff coordination on a rostered basis.
Suitable applicants would also be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, student support processes, student records, reporting, enrolments, marketing and accounts payable or receivable. Suitable applicants will assist with administering the financial resources and assets of the school. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability in using computers and a range of application software packages in particular databases, spreadsheets and word processing and possess the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources of the school.
Ellenbrook SC seeks to set high standards for achievement and have caring, knowledgeable staff that support students to reach their goals - both academically and personally.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College can be found by visiting ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kylie Coleman, Human Resources Officer by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing Kylie.Coleman@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.