Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS880352
Dalwallinu District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2025.
About the position
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools marketing, financial, physical, and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material.
You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records, and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date. You will assist with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing. A knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing, HRMIS, and Student Information System (SIS) would be highly regarded.
Suitable applicants should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Dalwallinu District High School (DHS) provides a quality learning environment which challenges all students to achieve their personal best. Dalwallinu DHS has a commitment to excellence and aims to be an excellent school that will provide quality educational opportunities for all our students.
Dalwallinu is situated 250 kilometres north of Perth on the Great Northern Highway and is part of the Wheatbelt Education Region. The population of the Shire is almost 2000 and is the first shire along the Wildflower Way, a route that stretches north to Geraldton and showcases beautiful wildflowers carpeting the countryside.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dalwallinu District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Rachael Lehmann, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dalwallinu, by telephoning (08) 6661 1500 or emailing Rachael.Lehmann@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 March 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.