Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS878798
Gwynne Park Primary School are seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic Special Needs Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025.
As an Education Assistant - Special Needs, you will ideally possess exceptional teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills to provide holistic support to students and teachers.
Under teacher direction, you would assist in the education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs to assist students to reach their full potential through the development of their academic, social, emotional and physical skills. Using your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you would collaborate with teachers and other colleagues to create an inclusive education program that accommodates the needs of students.
Suitable applicants should display a commitment to building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community. As a suitable applicant, you should have a willingness to provide assistance toeachers of students with a variety of disabilities and/or learning needs.
Gwynne Park Primary School shares the site with the Gwynne Park Education Support Centre (ESC) and is situated approximately 30 kilometres south of Perth in the City of Armadale. The primary school has around 500 students and the ESC has a further 100 students in classes from kindergarten to year 6.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following workrelated requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these workrelated requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gwynne Park Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Faye Feizaks, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9391 4000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 March 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.