Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS878721
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Wandina Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
About the Role
The Cleaner In Charge is responsible for opening/closing the school, carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, general cleaning, and other such duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which will include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in supervising staff, as they will work alongside school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. In addition, the Cleaner In Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns. They will maintain the cleaner’s time book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources.
Wandina PS is creating a school environment that promotes community involvement and provides a calm and caring atmosphere. With a focus on student learning and health and wellbeing, our aim is to support students in developing effective social skills related to our specific school wide behaviours that are linked to our whole school values.
Our school rules are: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Your Best. Effective teaching will be reflected in our classrooms through the implementation of instructional strategies to promote strong Literacy and Numeracy achievement and the development of effective classroom management through the building of positive relationships between staff and students. Specialist programs in Physical Education, The Arts – Visual Arts/Music, Science and Indonesian, will also be offered to students.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Wandina Primary School can be found by visiting wandinaprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tanya Joseph, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wandina, by telephoning (08) 9968 1150 or emailing Tanya.Joseph@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages. Please provide two example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface.
- chemicals used on each material.
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30 pm (WST) on Friday, 16 February 2024
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.