Advertised Vacancy Number: Pool Ref IPS/SS879309
Armadale Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2025.
About the position
Cleaners at Armadale SHS are passionate about maintaining a clean, hygienic environment. They work within a dedicated team to ensure that all learning spaces are clean and safe. We are seeking dedicated and efficient applicants to join our hard-working grounds and maintenance team.
Working under the Cleaner in Charge, suitable applicants will be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties across the school. This includes:
- cleaning learning environments to a high standard
- disinfecting toilets and drinking troughs
- maintaining carpets and hard-floor surfaces – including mopping and vacuuming
- dusting and rubbish removal throughout the school
- cleaning windows, doors, furniture and fittings
- vacation cleaning duties; including removing cobwebs, stripping and sealing vinyl floors, cleaning windows, shampooing carpets as well as pressure cleaning verandas and undercover areas.
Applicants who are friendly and hard-working are encouraged to apply.
About the school
Situated just under 30 kilometres south of Perth, Armadale SHS is a proud Independent Public School that services a diverse student population. The school offers highly enriched pathways for students depending on their skills, needs and interests. This includes the ‘Aspire’ academic extension program, as well as Department of Education-endorsed Specialist Programs in the Visual Arts & Technologies. The school is proud to host a range of Vocational Education & Training (VET) courses with direct links to the workforce; including access to hands-on, industry-level training in the hospitality, automotive and engineering sectors.
All staff at Armadale SHS contribute towards a culture of positive teaching and learning – empowering students to ‘aspire, strive and achieve’ in all areas of performance and academic achievement. Our innovative and well-resourced facilities include a trade-training (pre-vocational) centre, large sports hall complex, specialist science laboratories and a commercial kitchen/industrial hospitality centre. The school is fully networked with many computer labs and digital devices available throughout every learning area. Students are encouraged to perform to their highest standard across all areas of their pursuits; and are supported in pastoral care areas by our dedicated Student Services team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Armadale Senior High School please visit ashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Alison Wells, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9497 6400 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.