Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS879014
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2024
Mindarie Senior College (SC) is seeking a is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative Manager of Corporate Services (MCS) to join their executive leadership team.
You should strategically lead the corporate services staff across the College, utilising your highly developed and proven interpersonal and communication skills to enhance the already strong team culture.
Utilising your outstanding financial management skills and strategic leadership, you should be responsible for the development and deployment of physical and financial resources in delivering services for the College community. Modelling your exemplary leadership, professionalism and commitment to exceptional customer service, you and your team should significantly contribute to student outcomes and a positive College experience.
As a member of the College’s Executive team, the MCS plays a significant strategic role in the implementation of the Business Plan aligning resources, human and financial, to meet the ambitious targets. In recognition of the level of this role, completion of the Graduate Certificate of Educational Business Leader through the Leadership Institute (or equivalent professional qualification) would be highly desirable.
The MCS should also work with the Principal to ensure occupational health and safety systems management, compliance and implementation are in place to maintain a safe working environment for staff and students.
The successful applicant should be a high-performer with successful leadership and management experience and strong professional knowledge. They should have the capability and commitment required to build and sustain a culture of excellence in all aspects of school operations. The successful applicant should have the ability to think and plan strategically and to identify innovative and practical solutions to problems and challenges.
Mindarie SC is a purpose-built senior college designed to meet the educational needs of Years 11 and 12 students. The College's culture is based on personal excellence, positive relationships and social responsibility. The relationship between teachers, support staff and students reflects a mature approach where the focus is on the young person transitioning to adulthood.
The MCS will be responsible for leading the delivery of high-quality corporate services across the areas of:
- College and Student Administration
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Buildings and Assets Management
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Management
- Promotions and Public Relations
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Highly developed skills and experience in managing corporate services functions in a large and complex organisation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in financial management and budget preparation and an understanding of the financial regulatory framework, including the Financial Management Act 2006, reporting and governance requirements of Government organisations and other relevant legislation.
- Highly developed human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and apply human resource management practices and systems in leading and managing staff.
- Substantial experience in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of strategic business, marketing, and operational plans.
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult, collaborate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Research, conceptual and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mindarie Senior College can be found by visiting mindarie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jonathan Bromage, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6207 5500 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.