Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH862717
School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN:BE) is seeking to establish a pool of Teachers - Behaviour Professional Practice for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally display interpersonal skills that will enable them to work as part of a team delivering professional learning. Strengths in behaviour management and knowledge of current behaviour support principles and practice, consistent with the Department of Education Managing Student Behaviour Policy and having knowledge and training in WA Positive Behaviour Support (WAPBS) and Classroom Management Strategies (CMS) are desirable for this position.
SSEN:BE is part of the network of specialist schools that operates under the Statewide Services pillar of Service Delivery. SSEN:BE provides educational support and services with schools for students who present with extreme, complex and challenging behaviours across a K-12 context. A continuum of consultative support with schools for students is delivered through Engagement Centres and the Midland Learning Academy. The services of Engagement Centres and the Academy are coordinated through SSEN:BE which provides the administrative structure that oversees and manages these services as a Statewide model of supports for schools, teachers and students. The services complement other teams working in networks, regions and schools, supporting a greater number of students across the state. Support is available across the public school system.
Suitable applicants from this pool may be appointed to our sites at Statewide Services Centre, Padbury or at the SSEN:BE south metropolitan offices at South Lake PS.
The suitable applicants will also be required to attend associated training and school development days in Perth as our main school site operates out of Statewide Services Centre in Padbury. You may also be required to travel across our school. Suitable applicants will also need to hold and maintain a current WA C class drivers’ licence.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about School Of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement can be found by visiting ssenbe.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Andrew Higginbottom, Program Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9402 6139 or 0491 227 450, or emailing Andrew.Higginbottom@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.