Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS878695
This is a permanent part-time (0.87FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Are you a committed and dedicated individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
Roebuck Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated School Officer
As the School Officer you will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools financial, physical, and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will aid other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date, along with general word processing tasks. Within this range of administrative duties, there will be a predominant focus on public relations, such as preparing the school newsletter and publications, maintaining the Roebuck PS website which requires a detailed knowledge of word processing.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Electricity Subsidy
- Annual Travel
- District Allowance
In addition, the ability to use various technology platforms and a range of application software packages to support service demands of our school business and in particular our departments online environments; DAM, SIS, RM Finance and Connect, as well as creating spreadsheets and data management will be highly regarded.
Attention to detail, capacity to work to deadlines in a somewhat challenging and fast-paced environment and work well within a team environment is highly desirable. The successful applicant should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, teaching staff and our school community. You will ideally have the skills to competently work independently without supervision or direction with an excellent focus on team work, embracing Roebuck Primary School’s motto ‘Working Together’.
Roebuck PS believes through high-quality teaching and leadership, students will be positive, resilient, inclusive, and successful citizens.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Roebuck Primary School can be found by visiting www.roebuckps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact April Oswald, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Broome, by telephoning (08) 9195 1900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 22 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.