Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/DP867360
We are seeking to establish a Deputy Principal pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Suitable applicants would work collaboratively with the Principal and School Leadership Team to drive a culture of continuous school improvement. They should possess strong leadership skills, effective positive behaviour support skills, strong organisational management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop constructive and positive relationships that engage staff, parents, students, and the wider community. Familiarity with Student Services, Early Childhood Education and the National Quality Standards is highly desirable.
Extensive knowledge of whole school approaches to curriculum improvement, positive behaviour support, data analysis, and the ability to successfully assist staff with identifying targeted intervention strategies to improve student learning are important components of this role. It would be advantageous if applicants possess the ability to lead whole school curriculum support, Positive Behaviour Support, Student Case Management and, improving and developing initiatives to engage students in learning.
As Deputy Principal, you would lead staff to provide support for students with disabilities; and work with key school stakeholders including School Psychologists to improve well-being, learning and academic progress of students at risk. You will also support enrolment processes and manage student transitions.
Suitable applicants should promote positive relationships with parents, and external agencies and services to benefit academic, social and emotional development of students. The role of family in the development of each student is recognised and integral in our school. We are an inclusive school, welcoming all students and families, valuing respect for all people, cultures and religions.
Gwynne Park ESC shares the same campus as the Gwynne Park Primary School in the suburb of Brookdale. Together the Gwynne Park Schools share a range of facilities including a well-equipped library, assembly and undercover stage area, staffroom, music room, canteen, playground areas and other specialist teaching areas.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gwynne Park Education Support Centre can be found by visiting www.gwynneparkesc.org.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Natasha Naylor, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4050 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 March 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.