Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS872381
North Perth Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2025. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2025.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher that should aid in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students.
Suitable applicants will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. Suitable applicants would ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group-based programs. It is desirable for applicants to be familiar with MiniLit, MacqLit and Bond Blocks Maths intervention program.
North Perth PS is an inner-city public school, established in 1899 with a long and vibrant history. It's this connection with its past, along with the enthusiasm and energy of the current students, staff and parents that makes North Perth PS has a dynamic school community. The school’s Business Plan 2023-2025 outlines our vision Inspiring young minds. Creating possibilities, and our values of respect, responsibility, resilience, and inclusivity.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Perth Primary School can be found by visiting northperthprimary.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Debra Ansell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9428 7100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.