Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS862359
This is a permanent part-time 0.6 FTE position commencing Term 2, 2024
Neerigen Brook Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced School Officer for appointment in this 0.6 FTE position commencing Term 2, 2024.
As one of the first points of contact for parents, students and staff in our Administration, the School Officer should be friendly, have a positive attitude, be organised and be able to effectively work under pressure, whilst having high accuracy and attention to detail. The successful applicant will ideally use their initiative, work well within a team environment and also be able to work unsupervised. You will ideally have a positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school.
Good knowledge of the enrolment policy and processes, experience with the enrolment of students from overseas, including an understanding of visa sub classes is highly desirable. The successful applicant should have good verbal and written communication and be able to liaise with staff, students, parents and members of the wider school community. Experience working within the Department of Educations’ procedures and processes is highly desirable including experience in Integris, RM Billing receipting and RM Finance.
The School Officer assists the Manager Corporate Services with accounts payable and receivable, completion of RM Billing End of Year, generating routine reports, Human Resource processes, support staff relief payments, Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) reports, and Working with Children compliance. Other responsibilities includes Ordering, Third Party Permissions, Integris, MGM Outreach and preparing notices and correspondence.
Neerigen Brook PS is an Independent Public School located in the centre of Armadale, 36 kilometres south east of Perth and caters for children from playgroup, through to Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school is committed to high expectations and excellence in academic achievement.
We are committed to building strong community partnerships and a sense of belonging. Teachers, students and families work in partnership to nurture children and ensure that they are provided with quality learning opportunities in a safe, supportive and inclusive school environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Neerigen Brook Primary School can be found by visiting www.neerigenbrookps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Mel Vivian, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9234 3860 or emailing melissa on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one to two (1-2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 February 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.