Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS862773
Can you make our school sparkle?
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2024
Neerigen Brook Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
An opportunity for the Cleaner in Charge role to be job shared by two applicants working a 15 hour week each is a possibility, please apply if this interests you.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, liaising with the relevant line manager on cleaning matters, ordering of cleaning requirements, carrying out cleaning of internal and external areas and ensuring emptying of all rubbish containers. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Ideally successful applicant will possess great communication skills and experience in supervising staff.
Neerigen Brook PS is an Independent Public School located in the centre of Armadale, 36km south east of Perth and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school is committed to high expectations and excellence in academic achievement. We firmly believe that every student can learn and that every child brings a valued contribution to our community. We are committed to building strong community partnerships and a sense of belonging. Teachers, students and families work in partnership to nurture students and ensure that they are provided with quality learning opportunities in a safe, supportive and inclusive school environment.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit www.neerigenbrookps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Neerigen Brook Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Mel Vivian, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9234 3860 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 23 February 2024.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.