Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE868400
This is a permanent part-time (0.95FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Broome Residential College is looking for a dedicated and experienced Kitchen Hand to join their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will assist the Chef and Cook with food preparation for the College and occasionally external groups, assist with cleaning of the kitchen, utensils and equipment, serving of meals, washing dishes and maintaining organised and clean storage areas. They will promptly report equipment and facilities faults whilst undertaking other related duties, as requested.
The successful applicant will ideally be able to work supervised and unsupervised, perform a high standard of health, safety and hygiene within their work and be able to work unassisted and also within a team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated good organisational skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility in response to changing work needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously on weekends, following directions of a supervisor.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Michael Gilmour, College Manager - Broome Residential College by telephoning (08) 9194 7550 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- undertake a practical test before employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check if required
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 January 2024
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.