Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS867181
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Please be advised that as of Thursday, 14 December 2023, the closing date has been extended
Subiaco Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a Manager Corporate Services who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, shows initiative and works collaboratively as part of the leadership team.
The successful applicant will be an integral member of the leadership team, providing support to establish and maintain a school environment that excels in the way it cares for its students, and their families, developing strong and positive relationships with students, staff, and the broader school community. You will ideally possess excellent interpersonal acumen and be an innovative and strategic thinker. Your strong understanding of how the financial operations of the school support exemplary teaching and learning will be central to how you undertake your role.
In this role, you may be responsible for the mentoring, development, and management of school support staff as well as forging highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Familiarity with the School Management System COMPASS is desirable but not essential. You should possess high level financial management skills and will ideally have knowledge of, and experience in, SIS finance applications RM Finance, Asset Manager and RM Billing. You will ideally have excellent organisational skills and will possess the ability to plan and prioritise tasksand work well under pressure.
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following attributes: they should be caring; optimistic; self-reflective; friendly and possess a desire to see all students succeed.
Subiaco PS was established in 1897. We acknowledge our history and tradition and balance it with a future focus, embracing innovation and current educational thinking. We prepare our students for the future with a clear vision and purpose focusing on excellence in teaching and learning. Our staff work together with parents and the community to reach common goals for our students. These include developing responsible and resilient learners, promoting leadership across all levels of staff and students, focusing on continuous improvement and celebrating our diversity.
Subiaco PS is a dynamic, large inner metropolitan school with over 750 students. Our self-motivated and enthusiastic staff, along with a very supportive community, work together to achieve excellence in all facets of school life.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Subiaco Primary School can be found by visiting subiacops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Melinda Harris, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9207 7900 or emailing Melinda.Harris@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Melinda Harris on 0401 065 369.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 January 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.