Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS863773
This is a permanent part-time (0.38 FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Moorine Rock Primary School (PS) is currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner - Working Alone working 5 days per week 3 hours per day.
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
About the Role
As a Cleaner - Working Alone you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required.
Additionally, you would complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns and respond to issues raised by other school staff.
Moorine Rock PS is located 22 km west of Southern Cross and currently caters for 20 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. Moorine Rock is a small town, which services farmers in the area. The school buildings and grounds are well established and well maintained with extensive playground equipment for all ages. This provides an excellent educational environment for students and staff.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Moorine Rock Primary School please visit www.moorinerockps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Katrina Colleen Tedge, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Moorine Rock, by telephone (08) 9048 9800 or emailing Katrina.Tedge@education.wa.edu.au.
During the school holiday period, please contact Josie Kent on 0458 583 851 or firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 12 January 2024.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.