Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS865901
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.44FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Beverley District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of cleaner and join their friendly team. Ideally commencing February 2024.
About the Role
To be successful for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. The successful applicant will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets, and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Beverley DHS provides education to around 150 students from Kindergarten to Year 10 from the town of Beverley and the surrounding district. The school is small, friendly, and caring. Innovative early literacy programs and effective early and ongoing support programs ensure students are not left behind in learning and have plenty of opportunities for extension.
Small class sizes with experienced teachers mean that students get plenty of individual attention and care. Beautiful grounds with historic buildings provide ample room for play and exploration in a relaxed and stimulating environment.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Beverley District High School please visit www.beverleydhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Megan Vandenberg, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Beverley by telephoning (08) 9646 2500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Megan Vandenberg, Manager Corporate Services, on 0409 667 243 or email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) pages. Please address selection criteria two (2) and three (3) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4: 30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 24 January 2024
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.