Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS866689
Together, Everyone Achieves More.
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
This is our simple but powerful motto that drives everything we do at our school. Enter our school and you will sense our strong community spirit and experience the friendly, caring, and welcoming nature of our staff, students and parents. The abundance of trees, our natural bush borders with extensive nature play areas, including the occasional visit by a curious kangaroo or two gives Dunsborough Primary a unique 'rural' feel, but with all the trimmings of a modern city school. Explore more and you will see amazing artwork on display, hear students playing a range of musical instruments and witness the whole school engaging enthusiastically in regular fitness and sporting activities.
Along with our excellent staff, it is our wonderful students who make our school such a great place. They take care of each other, show respect for themselves and others, accept differences and strive to be the best they can.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management aligned with our building and grounds maintenance plan to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will also be responsible for maintaining and providing a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management, and experience in reticulation is desirable. Suitable applicants will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department's policies and guidelines.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Dunsborough Primary School please visit dunsborough.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Elizabeth Schmitt, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dunsborough, by telephoning (08) 9781 3777 or emailing Elizabeth.Schmitt@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Elizabeth Schmitt on 0428 442 898
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 December 2023
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.