Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE865447
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency.
The Teaching Quality and Innovation directorate leads the implementation of the Quality Teaching Strategy as the Department of Education’s position on effective teaching and drives the ongoing development of our workforce. The Curriculum Priorities branch provides advice to schools and the system and leads the development of strategies, professional learning, resources and tools that strengthen the capability of public schools and the profession.
Curriculum Priorities is seeking to appoint a proactive, motivated and organised Administrative Assistant.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As the Administrative Assistant you will use advanced features in Microsoft products to prepare documents, including spreadsheets, charts, and tables. It will be your responsibility to manage incoming telephone calls, emails and enquiries from internal and external clients whilst providing clerical and administrative support to the branch.
Within this role you will prepare and process incoming and outgoing correspondence, action routine matters by drafting responses and prepare basic reports; ensuring correspondence protocols are followed. In addition, you will coordinate workflow, process invoices and payments, prepare travel documents and arrange travel and accommodation.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite in clerical and general administrative duties, including advanced word processing skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and databases and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Demonstrated good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and provide customer-focussed services.
- Demonstrated experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Demonstrated initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to meet competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Mikila Smith. Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 6206 2044 or emailing Mikila.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 December 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.