Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA867299
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
North Albany Senior High School (NASHS) is seeking a Program Coordinator – School Operations to join their Leadership Team.
With outstanding communication, initiative and leadership skills, the successful applicant for this role will work in a shared, collaborative arrangement with the Leadership Team, to ensure efficient structures and processes are developed to enhance school operations.Our vision: Is to provide opportunities for students to achieve personal excellence so they can participate actively in a changing world. The successful applicant will ideally be highly motivated, relationship focused and dedicated to efficient processes that provide every student with a pathway to a successful future.
As the Program Coordinator of School Operations, the successful applicant will work in collaboration with the leadership team to perform the following roles:
- Independent Learning Coordinator:
- Supporting the online learning environment for students.
- Duty of care supervision as required.
- Liaising with SIDE, including enrolments, timetables, exams.
- Oversight of technologies required for learning.
- Relief Coordination.
- Supporting course selection processes 7 - 12, including course handbooks.
- Supporting student course maintenance 7 - 12.
- Supporting student transition processes for year 6 to 7, year 10 to 11 and year 12 to positive post school destinations.
- Management of the activity schedule and School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) reporting requirements.
- Manage scheduling, venue, staffing and set-up of Year 11 and 12 exams and Externally Set Task (EST)s.
- Manage Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA) and National Assessment Program – Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) including staff training, scheduling and data analysis generation.
- Reporting setup, timelines and maintenance.
- Manage and maintain Compass across 7-12.
- Line Management of VET and Careers.
- Other school operational processes as agreed in collaboration with the Principal.
North Albany Senior High School is an independent public school located in Albany, a coastal city in the South West region of Western Australia. Known locally as NASHS we are a comprehensive school providing secondary education for students in Year 7 to Year 12. NASHS has an enviable reputation as a caring and supportive school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Albany Senior High School can be found by visiting North Albany Senior High School (nashs.wa.edu.au) or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Hurle, Principal by telephoning (08) 9892 0611 or emailing Peter.Hurle@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 11 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.