Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS866310
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you an organised and enthusiastic individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
East Kimberley College (EKC) is seeking to appoint an energetic and dedicated individual to fill the role of School Officer and join their friendly team.
About the position
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Successful applicants will ideally have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
Applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the schools marketing, financial, physical, and human resources whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material.
You will aid other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records, and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date. You will assist with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing. A knowledge of RM Finance, RM Billing, HRMIS, and Student Information System (SIS) would be regarded.
Successful applicants should possess strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
EKC is one of the largest Kindergarten to Year 12 schools in the State with approximately 900 students enrolled. With almost 50% of enrolments being indigenous, it also has the largest enrolment of Aboriginal students at any school in the State.
The College is located on a large, well-maintained, and attractive site in the centre of Kununurra. The school draws from a diverse town population representing Aboriginal communities, agricultural, horticultural, mining and related service industries. An extensive range of State and Commonwealth agencies are represented in Kununurra and they work closely with the school to ensure the best support is available for our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting www.eastkimberleycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Oliver, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kununurra, by telephoning (08) 9168 4400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 11 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.