Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE864227
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team and enhance your professional and strategic experience and knowledge of the Department’s system-wide strategies and policies. Working with the Executive Director, you will coordinate and manage a range of initiatives across the Division.
With highly developed communication skills you will establish collaborative working relationships with Directors and staff across the Division, whilst assisting in the preparation and review of briefing papers and providing timely advice. Organisational skills are also required to support the efficient and effective operations of the Division to ensure timelines are achieved.
The Strategy and Policy Division develops system-wide strategy and policies to support Department and student outcomes, using evidence-based analysis to drive decision-making at all levels. The Division provides advice on educational reform and improvement to achieve excellence for public education in Western Australia. The Division also has oversight of Non-Government School Regulation and provides policy advice and services to the Minister for Education.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
2. Demonstrated high-level project management skills with a proven ability to plan and coordinate initiatives in a complex environment.
3. Demonstrated high-level verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively consult and negotiate with others, particularly at a senior level.
4. Demonstrated highly developed written communication skills, including extensive experience in the preparation of correspondence, reports, Ministerials, briefing notes and policy.
6. Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills with a proven ability to deliver outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment and under tight timeframes.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Raechelle Lee, Executive Director - Strategy and Policy by telephoning (08) 9264 5354 or emailing Raechelle.Lee@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 January 2024.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.