Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS861972
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
Carnarvon Community College (CC) is seeking a dedicated cleaner to join their team.
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and the removal of cobwebs. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner In Charge.
Carnarvon CC is proud to be an Independent Public School serving students and families of all ages across the entire town of Carnarvon. In mid-2019 we amalgamated as a single site school and opened our new state of the art facilities, ushering in a new era of education in Carnarvon where we will strive to produce the best possible academic outcomes for our students.
Our motto: Growing Excellence Together, highlights some of the foundational aspects of our College. Firstly, our commitment to continuous improvement and growth. Secondly, our pursuit of excellence and the high expectations we have for our students. Finally, the importance of us all working together to ensure every student, is a successful student.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Carnarvon Community College please visit carnarvoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Natasha Yew, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in East Carnarvon, by telephoning (08) 9941 6000 or emailing Natasha.Yew@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A one (1) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to email@example.com before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 23-27 Marmion Street, East Carnarvon WA 6701 before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Monday, 11 November 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.