Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH867024
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Ocean Reef Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a highly effective Science Teacher.
As the successful applicant, you should be an innovative and highly motivated educator with the ability to provide quality teaching in the Science curriculum area as part of dedicated team. You should have high expectations for all students, providing educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve their full potential. You should display a commitment to excellence and be able to display success in student achievement through a strong evidenced based teaching approach.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to foster positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including students, staff and families. You should engage in reflective practice and should be committed to whole-school pedagogical approaches. Effective classroom management, the ability to differentiate curriculum to cater for individual student needs and promote an environment of active and positive learning are also a strong focus for the position.
The successful applicant will ideally support the implementation of the school business plan, work and teach in a team environment, and be committed to whole school approaches and initiatives. You should actively participate in professional learning opportunities and continually reflect on your classroom practice to sustain a culture of high-quality teaching and ongoing improvement.
Ocean Reef SHS is committed to ensuring every child is on a pathway to success. Through a high-performance culture, and teacher efficacy, we nurture every student's talents. We foster the knowledge, skills, capabilities, attributes and values they will require for successful ongoing learning and life beyond school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef Senior High School can be found by visiting oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Rachel Le Feuvre, Head of Science, by telephoning (08) 6206 2700 or emailing Rachel.Lefeuvre@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 7 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.