Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH868154
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Science Teacher to join our friendly department and support our growing Senior School Chemistry team. Strong knowledge and skills in the delivery of Chemistry Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) courses or a willingness to upskill in this area is highly desirable. There may be the possibility of more than one position available.
The successful applicant will ideally be versatile, willing to work collaboratively with staff and possess strong interpersonal skills to allow connection within the school community to achieve the best outcomes for all students. The applicant will ideally be highly motivated, student and relationship focused and able to provide engaging, relevant and meaningful learning experiences. To be successful you should exhibit the professional knowledge, understandings and experience to deliver an engaging and relevant secondary school Science curriculum. Training and experience with Classroom Management Strategies would be preferred.
Our Science, Technologies, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) elective program for Years 7 - 9 continues to grow, with students able to solve real-world problems using the latest technology. Our STEM laboratory is a huge success and able to be accessed by teachers in all learning areas. There may be opportunity for Science teachers to be involved in our successful STEM program including primary school visits, STEM warriors after school club and integration into Science Learning programs, Incorporating the STEM 21st Century Future Focus Skills into learning programs is a school priority and the successful applicant will be able to support this priority.
Ellenbrook SC is located in the suburb of Ellenbrook, approximately 40 minutes north of Perth. It has a unique combination of country and city life, with the benefits and resources of both. Located in the City of Swan, our community is growing and thriving. The College seeks to contribute to that growth with dedicated staff who support the development of youth in this area.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook Secondary College can be found by visiting ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Steven Hodgetts, Science Head of Learning Area, by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing Steven.Hodgetts@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.