Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE859918
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Land Consultant in the Infrastructure Strategy and Planning branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Senior Land Consultant will assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and guidelines that address management of the Department’s land assets. The successful applicant will liaise and negotiate with vendors, solicitors, settlement agents, State Solicitor’s Office, Valuer General’s Office and schools to arrange for the acquisition or disposal of land, and ensures land settlements are contractually sound.
This role will include providing advice on the Land Administration Act 1997, Transfer of Land Act 1893 and other relevant legislation. In addition, the successful applicant will control the management, development and maintenance of the Department’s land tenure management information systems.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated substantial experience and knowledge managing a Crown and freehold estate.
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of asset management principles, issues and government related processes, including the acquisition, management and disposal process for government real estate.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Martin Hadodo, Principal Consultant Land Acquisition by telephoning (08) 9264 8179 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 December 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.