Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH866770
Please be aware that as of 11:18am on Friday, 15 December 2023, the closing date has been extended
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Gingin District high School (DHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and capable teacher to join our school. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a committed leadership and secondary teaching team to benefit the students of our school and community.
You should be able to display effective teaching practice, as described in the Department’s ‘Teach for Impact Strategy’ and the Gingin DHS ‘This is How We Teach and Learn’ framework. As a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) school, our staff are required to use PBS language and skills and show a willingness to support students at all levels of our District High School. You will ideally be able to display flexibility, a collaborative work ethic and a professional level of resilience.
Gingin DHS is an Independent Public School situated 85 kilometres from the Central Business District of Perth. Our catchment area is large – over 3000 square kilometres – and students come to school from a variety of backgrounds, some of whom are affected by trauma and bring complex social and behavioural issues to school. Our ICSEA (Index of Community Socio-Educational Advantage) is around 970, making us a Band 7 school. As a secondary generalist teacher, you should work with the leadership team and the secondary team to generate a positive engaged student cohort across the secondary school.
Our school has an ethos of caring for students, and our values of Care, Respect, Try and be Responsible, denoted by the acronym CRTR (critter), guide our approach to behaviour management, student interactions and expectations. Individual student interventions are guided by specific student needs, available data, and collaboratively working towards identified outcomes.
The successful applicant may be timetabled at a required level to meet the needs of students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gingin District High School can be found by visiting gingin.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Kevin Brady, Principal by telephoning (08) 9575 5300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holidays please contact Andrea Vis, Deputy Principal on 0400 852 121
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.