Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS865817
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension
Moora Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Manager Corporate Services and join their friendly team.
About the position
As the Manager of Corporate Services, you will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will assist when working with the leadership team, staff, parents, and the wider community.
You will ideally use sound financial management skills and strategic administration including responsibility for ensuring all audit requirements are followed. The successful applicant should provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and ideally possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
You should be an experienced administrator, with clear knowledge of how the Manager of Corporate Services role impacts and is guided by the school improvement model. This includes working within the leadership team in a strategic space around the workforce planning and the targeted use of resources.
About the school
Moora PS is a distinctive school where students experience success due to high quality teaching and learning. We are proud of our school and our collective achievements. It is achieved through a whole school evidence-based approach to Literacy and Numeracy with targeted effectiveness and differentiation for every child, including remediation and extension. We pride ourselves on a reputation for inclusivity, values, pastoral care, strong academic results, and community engagement.
Moora PS is a dynamic learning community where members work collaboratively to give every child the opportunity to realise their full potential and to become resilient, confident, and respectful citizens. The school has always enjoyed a strong community spirit developed over decades from parent and community involvement within the school. A close, supportive relationship continues to exist between students, staff and parents enabling us to know each student as an individual.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well-developed oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Moora Primary School can be found by visiting www.mooraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Katrina Carnicelli, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Moora, by telephoning (08) 9653 9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.