Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS864790
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Manjimup Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
About the Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, and liaising with the Manager of Corporate Services on cleaning matters. You will also carry out the cleaning of internal and external areas and ensuring emptying of all rubbish containers. The successful applicant will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Ideally the successful applicant will possess great communication skills and have experience in supervising staff.
About the school
Manjimup PS is one of two public schools located in the town of Manjimup. With a school history of 100 years its ties with the community are strong with generations of families having attended the school.
A changing economical focus from the traditions of farming, forestry and timber milling to viticulture, eco-tourism and timber plantations provides a diverse resource base to support the school and enhance learning programs.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit Schools Online for more information about Manjimup Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Damian Lloyd, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup by telephoning 08 9771 9000 or emailing Damian.Lloyd@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 19 Finch St, Manjimup WA 6258 before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 13 December 2023
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.