Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS865261
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Mount Barker Community College (MBCC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and reliable Library Officer to join their friendly team, working two days per week for 2024.
As a Library Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment and associated services of the college library to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library Officer should monitor the library budget and stocktake, recommend and purchase new library resources and communicate regularly with staff and students to maintain an engaging and refreshed space for the school community to utilise and enjoy.
There is opportunity to utilise your creativity within this role, as our Library Officers are responsible for setting up various displays promoting a wide range of subjects throughout the year, as well as coordinating book fairs and library based events.
MBCC is a proud Independent Public School with a long history of strong community connections and success for our students. The goal of building a strong community underpins our activities to involve parents and community members in supporting our students' learning both in and beyond our college. We promote a friendly, welcoming environment to ensure our school is a great place to be.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Further information about Mount Barker Community College can be found by visiting the Mount Barker Community College website or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Lauren Pavlovich, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9851 5800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- consent to a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check and obtain a current Screening Clearance Number issued by the Department of Education’s Screening Unit prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment and every three years thereafter;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 8 December 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.